Mr. Schweitzer is experienced in acquiring, maintaining and enforcing all forms of intellectual property rights including patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets in the U.S. and abroad.
He has a broad background in mechanical and electro-mechanical devices as well as computer-related inventions. In particular, Mr. Schweitzer has extensive experience with computer networking hardware and software as well as computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing software. He has written and prosecuted patents for a wide variety of inventions including methods of doing business, e-commerce, high-definition teleconferencing systems, inflatable structures, clutch mechanisms, conveying systems, point-of-purchase displays, ion mobility spectrometers, anti-lock and pneumatic brake systems, tires, telecommunications wiring systems and components, food processing methods, and toys. In addition, he has been directly involved in litigating patents for various other technologies.
Mr. Schweitzer’s experience with trademarks rights includes prosecuting and litigating trademarks and service marks in the U.S., as well as coordinating and maintaining trademark portfolios throughout the world. He is also experienced in registering and enforcing copyrights for various types of works, including computer programs, literature and works of art.
Mr. Schweitzer has also been highly successful in representing clients in domain name disputes in ICANN arbitration proceedings and in court.
- B.S., Lehigh University, Mechanical Engineering
- J.D., Pace University School of Law
- State of Connecticut
- State of New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Association for the Bar of the City of New York
- Volunteer Lawyer for the Arts