St. Onge IP respects individuals’ rights of privacy and of protection of personal data.
Data Protection Principles. St. Onge IP handles all personal data in accordance with the following principles:
- Personal data will be processed in a fair and lawful manner.
- Personal data will be collected, processed, and used only to the extent necessary to fulfill the business purposes of St. Onge IP.
- Personal data will be accurate and kept up-to-date. Any error will be corrected as soon as possible after St. Onge IP becomes aware of it.
- Personal data will be kept only for as long as is necessary for the legitimate purpose(s) of St. Onge IP.
- Due consideration will be given to respecting the rights of data subjects.
- Appropriate technical and organizational measures will be taken to prevent unauthorized or unlawful disclosure of personal data. All computer-held personal data is maintained on password-protected computers to which only authorized users hold passwords. Offices are locked both during and after office hours, and only authorized staff may gain entry.
Global Policy on Use of Personal Data
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Content on this website is accessible without registering as a user and without submitting any information to St. Onge IP. However, some functions are only available for registered users, for users who submit requests or applications, or for users whose personal data is saved with St. Onge IP. St. Onge IP will only process your personal data on the basis of your consent. In certain cases, if you withdraw your consent, we may have a legitimate legal basis for the continued processing of your data, provided that the respective legal requirements are met.
Personal data submitted by you on the website is used solely for the purposes stated to you at the time of submission. These purposes may include the following:
Accounts. The e-mail address that you supply when creating an account on this website may be used to contact you regarding your account. For example, if you forget your username or password and request assistance with logging in, assistance will be provided by means of a message sent to the e-mail address entered in your user profile.
Other Purposes. You may submit personal data (such as your name, postal address, and telephone number) for purposes other than creating an account. In each case, the purpose for which you are requested to give us information is made clear. We will not use your information for purposes that are not made clear when you provide your data.
We collect, store, and use this personal data only for the purposes for which you submitted it, and we keep the data only as long as it is necessary for those purposes or for other legitimate purposes that may apply.
The data provided is accessible to processors involved in the accomplishment of the purpose of data processing and/or to technical support specialists performing tasks related to the operation and maintenance of the technical system. We do not give your personal data to anyone else unless (1) it is necessary to do so in order to provide the service requested by you and we have made a full disclosure to you; (2) we have a good-faith belief that disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable laws or regulations; (3) it is in response to a request from law enforcement authorities; or (4) it is needed to detect and prevent fraud for security or technical issues. By using this website, you consent to our disclosing your personal data to third parties for these purposes only. Any personal data you submit will not under any circumstances be sold, traded, or rented.
TRANSFER OF DATA ABROAD
St. Onge IP cooperates with various businesses located globally. Some of the servers that host the website are located in the United States of America. We may transfer your data outside your country of domicile, potentially including countries whose laws provide different levels of data protection that are not always equivalent to the level of data protection in the country in which you currently reside. In the course of handling and transferring your personal data, we take measures designed to protect your data. We expect all cooperating businesses used by St. Onge IP to follow our data protection policies and the effective laws and regulations on personal data.
By visiting this website and communicating electronically with us, you consent to these cross-border transfers.
Whenever we process personal data, we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is kept accurate and up-to-date for the purposes for which it was collected. Depending on the country you live in and the applicable local data protection laws, you may have the following rights regarding the personal data you have submitted to us:
- You can request information about the collection and use of your personal information according to applicable local laws;
- You can request to access, block, or erase your personal information, or to correct it if it is incomplete or inaccurate;
- Where you have legitimate grounds for doing so, you can object to the processing of your personal information and request us not to process further your data.
Upon receipt of your written request, after you provide sufficient evidence of your identity and enough information to permit us to identify your personal data, the applicable data controller will fairly consider granting the request by balancing the interests of the individual in gaining access to data or correcting or deleting data against the legitimate interests of St. Onge IP. We will also notify any third-party recipients of the necessary changes.
Please note that your data may not be erased if processing is required by law or if the data may be kept on other legal bases. Requests to delete personal data are subject to any applicable legal reporting or document retention requirements imposed on us. You may also lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority about the processing of the data you have provided through this website.