Mr. Lehberger has a broad range of experience in patent, trademark, and copyright law, including procurement, litigation, reexaminations, validity and infringement opinions, counseling, and licensing.
He prepares and prosecutes U.S. and foreign patents in a variety of technical fields including medical devices, automotive and hybrid vehicle technologies, wireless devices, consumer packaging and dispensers, computer software, financial services, and internet-related inventions. Further, Mr. Lehberger has a successful track record in arguing appeals before the Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences and handling patent reexaminations.
Mr. Lehberger is an experienced litigator who represents patent owners and accused infringers in a range of litigation matters including pharmaceutical patent cases under the Hatch Waxman Act. He has litigated cases in numerous U.S. District Courts around the country, including the Eastern District of Virginia and the Northern District of California, and has been trial counsel in several jury and bench trials. His practice also includes the preparation of intellectual property and software licenses and patent opinions.
Mr. Lehberger is active in the Connecticut Intellectual Property Law Association (CIPLA) and served as the President from 2016 to 2017.
Prior to entering the legal profession, Mr. Lehberger was a helicopter design engineer at Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation. He is also a licensed private pilot.
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School 2005
- B.S., Pennsylvania State University, Mechanical Engineering 1999
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. District Courts for the District of Connecticut, Eastern/Southern Districts of New York, Eastern District of Michigan
- Connecticut Super Lawyers Rising Star 2016-present
- A Top Lawyer in Fairfield County in 2015
- Brooklyn Law School Deans Merit Scholar
- CALI Award for Excellence in Patent Law
- Connecticut Intellectual Property Law Association (President 2016-17)
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- International Network of Boutique & Independent Law Firms (INBLF)
- Lawyer Pilots Bar Association
- The Wings Club